This is a video of a (semi-low) row I performed yesterday during a big five. I thought this would be useful to post because I’ve filmed and posted plenty of static contraction videos as of late on the OMNI, and no dynamic movements in quite some time.
The machine is perfect at performing both static and dynamic protocols.
- If you watch the gauge closely you can observe the force read out during the entire exercise, including before movement even beings. (I build up effort before movement).
- If you hit the 720pHD option the gauge should be easier to observe.
- You can go further in the range of motion if so desired. I don’t believe there is any benefit to doing so in this semi-low position (and perhaps any position, for that matter).
- What does matter is using and contracting the intended musculature. Not going through a nifty sounding “full range of motion”.
- I went shirtless during a workout on 4/20/13 for the…